This article is part of the main article: Indian Cooking Course – 2015, in Szentendre, Hungary
Basmati Rice recipe
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 15 min
Things you need (2 person)
2 small cups … Basmati Rice
4 small cups … Warm water
1) Take 2 cups of rice in a casserole
2) Add double the amount of warm water (4 cups)
3) Start cooking at high flame
4) Once the water starts to boil and the rice starts to expand (At this point the rice will become translucent), usually in about 5 mins, cover the pan and let the rice cook on a very slow flame.
5) 5 minutes later, the rice should be almost cooked.
6) Turn off the flame and let the rice steam for 5 minutes more before serving