This article is part of the main article: Indian Cooking Course – 2015, in Szentendre, Hungary
Chana Masala recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 min
Things you need (2 person)
1 can … Kala Chana (Black chick peas). Is using fresh chana, please soak is overnight
3 … Garlic cloves
1 tbsp … Garam Masala + Cumin powder + Chili powder
1/2 … Lime or lemon
1 tbsp … Salt
1 … Onion
2 … spoons Oil
1 … Tomato
2-3 twigs … Cilantro/coriander leaves
1) Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, and once hot add the chopped garlic and some
chopped onion. Let the onion brown.
2) Chop the tomatoes, and add to the onions. Once the tomato is reduced…
3) Add chili, black pepper, cumin and salt—all as per taste. If you like spicy food you can add
extra chili powder, if you prefer it bland skip the chili
4) Add black chick peas and let it steam for some time. Usually, it wont be necessary to add
water. However, if the dish looks very dry, please add half cup of water and let it cook for 10
mins, while stirring every now and then.
5) Chana masala should be cooked in 5-10 mins
6) Sprinkle some lemon juice as per taste. Chop some coriander leaves and add as per taste.