This is a very simple dish, and I like to cook it as a quick dish that the whole family can enjoy. As we have two young kids, we refrain from making some fancy dishes with spices, etc. This dish is simple as well as tasty and our young ones have no problems with it as they do not spot any spices or greens – just tasty salmon!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Things you need (for 2):
Salmon filet — Around 300-400gm
Garlic pods—chopped … 3-4
Ginger—chopped … Small piece
Sesame oil … 2 tbsp
Soya sauce … 2-3 tbsp
Mustard sauce … 2 tbsp
Mandarin/Clementine … 1
- Descale the salmon, and then score the filet with cuts so that the marination can be mixed in. Keep the salmon in the ovendish, and pre heat the over to 220deg C.
2. Take chopped ginger, garlic, mustard sauce, soya sauce and sesame oil in a bowl. Squeeze a mandarin juice in it, and mix it thoroughly.
3. Once the ingredients in the bowl are ready. Pour them on the salmon and ensure that the entire salmon is marinated in the mixture. Once done, please keep the salmon in the oven.
4. In around 20 mins the Salmon should be cooked and ready to eat. the precise timing depends on your oven. Once the salmon is cooked – I usually start the broil function on the oven for the last 5 mins – in order to get a crispier top, while the inner stays soft and juicy to eat.
5. In less than 30 mins you have a tasty and healthy meal. You can serve this with nice jasmine or basmati steamed rice.